Wednesday, September 22

life & death

Woken up early this morning by an SMS with good news. Fel has given birth to baby Wayne at last... well, after nine months, to be exact. She's the first of the lot to "pop one out", as a friend likes to put it, but the competition is heating up with Jol due in a couple of months' time. Watch this space for more baby alerts.

[It's a good thing I don't have any biological ticking going on inside my body, or I'd be severely depressed now.]

But one hour after waking up, I was attending the funeral of an uncle I'd never met before.

The line between life and death is a thin one, and people are crossing it back and forth every day.

food diary
half portion lor mee
half cup of tea with sugar
half portion of porridge
barley drink
half packet of fruit gums
lotus root soup
bean sprouts and carrots
fried fish in tomato sauce
two spoonfuls of rice
one kiwi fruit
one chunk of chocolate

No comments: