Saturday, July 12



Fell asleep under the blazing sun while writing. Woken up by buzzing of bees around me. Instead of being alarmed and frightened of being stung, I tried groggily to take a pix cos they were so fat, fuzzy and cute. They appeared as little black dots among the daisies, much to my disappointment. And I thought my photography skills were improving. At least you can see how bright the sun was for a change and how pretty my new pink clogs are.

Continuation of Zann's culinary adventures: My mee rebus was a hit with my flatmate, who was so satisfied that she wanted to pay me for cooking her a meal that she compared to Wagamama [London forerunner of Singapore's Nooch]. Of course, the fact that she is Korean and has no idea what mee rebus is supposed to taste/look/smell like helps.

I highly recommend this packet sauce thingy to all cheaterbugger chefs. It is pretty authentic and almost idiot-proof, although I doubt anyone back home will be bothered to make their own when they can just have it so cheap and convenient at the hawker centre. I miss the S$1 mee rebus at the office canteen. As the smiley stallholder never fails to say in that unmistakable Mat drawl: "Power, member!"

No comments: