Tuesday, July 8

Sorry to inflict this on you if you are the sort who gets dead bored by holiday snapshots. I know I am only entranced by my own pix, self-absorbed creature that I am. Other people's vacation pix either make me jealous at seeing places I wish to be or my eyes just glaze over cos the photo can seldom convey the actual sense of the place and capture the mood of the moment.

The pix are gonna take some time to load. And I give you full permission to click "STOP" anytime and escape from this page.


Check out those uncooked chicken fillets! Obviously, I was too busy lounging on the beach to even get up to attempt a decent pix of the quaint seaside resort of Tossa de Mar.


The view from the top of the ancient Roman village was worth rousing ourselves from siesta to make the climb. We came up almost everyday to try to catch sunset, but somehow never made it. Once we were too late, another time it was too cloudy, and most embarrassingly, once we were gazing in the east instead of the west.


Lovely square called Placa Reial in Barcelona where we stayed. You can't see the shabbiness and the years of dirt on the walls, but that just adds to the charm of the place.


The one and only pix Lilian and I took together. Just shows how camera shy we are. [Or rather how reluctant I am to have my fat face placed next to hers and compared. Please email me to reassure me that I have not put on weight, although I will not believe you much.]


The one must-see sight in Barcelona, for me at least, is La Pedrera. It was my second time there and I was still captivated. The building is out of some fantasy world, all wavy and curvy, and the rooftop is a magnificent playground, with all these chimneys that look like knights on guard.


All those gorgeous tiles were everywhere in Seville -- walls, benches, window sills, ceilings, even the undersides of balconies -- but I didn't know how to capture the details on my laopok featureless camera.


Hopelessly lost in the many winding lanes of Seville and enjoying it. I spent most of the time peering into people's patios instead of looking at road names.


How is it possible for carved stone to look like lace? I am still amazed...


This place is huge, double the size of what you can see, and almost every surface is totally covered with tiles. I am not exaggerating. Known as Plaza de Espanya, it was built to be a mammoth showcase of the best of Spain in 1929 or something. [I tend to forget unimportant details like that.]

End of tedious holiday slideshow. I'm afraid you will have to return to doing actual work now.

No comments: