Thursday, July 10

In an attempt to prevent the Spanish mood -- they call it alegria -- from dissipating too quickly, I have been incorporating a siesta into my already very lazy daily routine. Also made an attempt to bask in the sun while reading, but was thwarted by those ever-present London clouds from improving my feeble tan.

Have been dreaming and drooling over the Spanish version of hot chocolate, which is basically molten Nutella, so viscous that you can stand your spoon in it. Mmmmmm. Dunno how to make it though, so I'll resort to eating Nutella from the jar as has become my dirty little habit. It's a less sensuous pleasure, but it will have to do.

So, instead, I decided to focus on making my favourite tapas of button mushrooms in garlic and parsley. Super yummy, quite healthy, and most importantly, appeared to be easy to make.

But somehow, my dish just didn't capture the Spanish flavour. Maybe it was because, instead of the Spanish ingredients stated in the recipe, I used Italian olive oil, British white mushrooms, and garlic and parsley from who-knows-where. Maybe I need to bung even more salt in to make it tastier. [Salt brings out the flavour in everything, but that is just my unproven theory.] Or maybe I'm just a plain lousy cook.

No comments: