Friday, July 18

“Have you seen the tiger in our flat?”

My flatmate nearly caused me smash the dish I was washing when she asked me the question. Seeing that she didn’t look particularly alarmed, I quickly concluded she must be referring to something else. I mean, I might have slept the whole day away today, but even I couldn’t have missed a ferocious feline prowling our hallway.

Turns out that we have a new flatmate and she is a Thai girl. She has taken over the room of the Croatian guy, but she’s been pretty stealthy and I haven’t caught a glimpse of her or even heard her make any noise at all.

I shall not be evil and make jokes about Tiger Shows, although I am dying to relate the anecdote of my temping stint at a travel agency. There was this client who kept insisting, in a secretive manner, that I book a Tiger Show for his Bangkok trip. Cluelessly, I asked my colleagues: “Should I call the zoo to book?”

[Heh, I think I just related the anecdote I said I wouldn’t.]

No comments: