Thursday, July 3

Sweltering in Seville now. Wearing a boob tube doesn´t seem to help with the heat, though the sticky sweat does keep the thing from sliding off. Taking a respite from the 30 deg C heat now in lovely air-conditioned cafe. Too much sun, too much sight-seeing.

Considering that I have only 48 hours in Seville, I really think I must have been mad to take a train here all the way from Barcelona. Total journey time is more than 24 hours. But I must say the sights here are more than worth it, since I just love looking at old buildings, winding little streets, grand palaces, quaint little squares, etc. The mix of Moorish, Christian and Mudejar architecture is simply stunning, and I just can´t stop taking pictures of those blue-yellow mosaic tiles, light-as-lace archways and marble columns. Even my hotel is gorgeous, with an indoor courtyard filled with plants and sunlight where you can have free breakfast.

I really dunno how to describe how amazing the buildings are, and I know my photography skills will not be up to scratch, so here is a pix I stole off the Net.


Just replace the woman in the pix with a mental image of me.

Just going to take it easy for the rest of the day, because the next 40 hours or so are going to be hell. I have to lug my backpack to the train station to catch the sleeper to Barcelona at 10 pm. Upon arriving in Barcelona at 8 am the next day, I will have to rush to Zara, Mango, TopShop, etc to try and get some last minute bargains, cos the sales started on 1 July.

Then, I have to collect my other luggage from storage and make my way to airport for a night flight. I´m very sure that EasyJet will be delayed, as it was on my way here, and I will arrive at Stansted airport too late to catch the last train. So I will have to spend the night at the airport. I can only imagine how dishevelled I will look by then. And I am tired just thinking of dragging my suitcase from tain to plane to train and then finally up four flight of stairs to my flat.

Oh, I just received an email with my Media Law exam results. The exam was way back in February, and I was quite freaked out cos I was sure I had flubbed the essay questions and will be a borderline failure. Well, to my immense surprise, I passed. And apparently, I had an "outstanding" 79 marks, according to my lecturer. I just hope he didn´t make a mistake, cos there is this other super-on Suzanne in my course.

Okie, time now to go back into the scorching afternoon sun. I can´t believe I´m saying this, but I am rather looking forward to the weather in London that I´m always complaining about.

No comments: