Friday, May 12

ghost in the machine

My remote controls -- all five of them, neatly placed in the Ikea pocket thingy next to my bed -- are haunted.

My SCV set top turns on and off by itself, while I'm at work. Once, it even turned off while I was taping Grey's Anatomy, thus making sure I never saw the episode where Derek picked his evil wife instead of Meredith.

My aircon temperature will adjust itself during the night.

My radio remote works better when the batteries are low.

My TV can only play recorded programmes in black and white, unless I get up and press a button on the TV set itself.

And this is the freakiest: My VCR started rewinding itself in the middle of the night and woke me up. I confirmed it was not a dream by checking the tape the next morning. It was rewound all the way to the start.

I'm not making any of this up. I'm jinxed. My computer at work is so haunted, I managed to convince the IT guys to change a new one for me.

No comments: